Thursday, April 19, 2012

My First BUG OUT BAG Contribution

So we should establish that I am very green to a. Survivalism and b. prepping. I hadnt know of any of this more than a couple months at best and like previous posts, have admittedly become enthralled in the whole concept. I know from reading many seasoned preppers blogs that one of the main keys to success in this endeavor is to believe that TEOTWAWKI is indeed going to happen and happen in the near future. Which I do to a degree. I do believe that all the makings of an apocalypse are definitely available to us, I don't happen to believe that I NEEED to believe this to one day be successfully prepared for it. I think taking on the knowledge base and required tools of the trade as a hobby is not disrespectful to the movement. I think that people like me are out there that can still prep, without needing a reason so to speak. But this is aside from the post I started to write lol. My first BUG OUT BAG contribution. Recently I excitedly purchased the first few items for a bug out bag online, amazon to be exact. Maybe others would start elsewhere with more important items, but my wife didn't look at me like I was crazy for wanting them, so I pressed the purchase button and a week or two from know I'll have those items in my possession for my first bug out bag. And what are those items you may be asking? Easy, here's the list Kelty Redwing 44 Internal Frame Pack Eton FR160R Microlink Self-Powered AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio Katadyn Vario Multi Flow Water Microfilter Tool Logic - SL3 Knife with Integrated Swedish Firesteel And I can't wait for it all to come so I can start assembling the other stuff I want in my first bag. If you are reading this and have any suggests for what that may be leave a comment below and maybe I'll get it added in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment